Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a somewhat tweaked recipe, the original of which was found in the Taste of Home Summer Appetizers, 2009. Preparation time does not include time for the finished salsa to chill.
- 6 medium navel oranges, peeled, sectioned, diced small
- 1 1⁄2 cups jicama, peeled, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, drained, diced small (from a can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, then cover & chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with large corn scoops or tortilla chips, & refrigerate leftovers.