Recipe by Sydney Mike
This is a colorful dip that can work well as a salad, especially nice when the jicama, oranges, onions & bell pepper aren't chopped as small as for a dip! Similar [& hotter] recipes have included seeded, chopped jalapeno peppers.
Top Review by SusieQusie
This rated 5 big ones from both DH and me! I used Cara Cara oranges, supremed over my bowl so I got the benefit of their sweet juice as well as the tart lemon. For that reason, I omitted any additional sugar. Rather than red onions, I added extra green ones. I was not expecting to care for the red pepper as I am not a fan but it worked perfectly here, both in texture and taste. . Even though I rarely add salt, that tiny bit really made these flavors _pop_ in your mouth. A half recipe, chopped in larger pieces, made a lovely side salad for us with some left for my lunch today. Thanks for sharing your recipe! We truly enjoyed it!
- 2 cups jicama, peeled, diced small
- 6 oranges, peeled, pith removed, sectioned, chopped small
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, diced small
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt