Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Company's Coming Garden Greens. We are so blessed here in Oregon with an abundance of hazelnuts (filberts). Orange and hazelnuts together make a fantastic combination.
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
I think this just might be the best broccoli I have eaten! The flavour combination was perfect, with the tang of the mustard and zest, the sweetness of the honey and orange juice, and the crunch of the roasted nuts. Superb. I microwaved the broccoli pieces on a round glass dish, then drizzled the sauce over, and sprinkled the nuts on last. This goes into my "company" file. Many thanks for this great recipe.
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry roast the hazelnuts in a clean skillet until golden and fragrant. Set aside then coarsely chop.
- Place the orange juice, butter, honey, Dijon mustard and orange zest in a saucepan. Heat on medium heat until butter is melted. Boil gently, without stirring for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In another saucepan, boil the broccoli in salted water for approximately 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Drain broccoli well, transfer to serving bowl and add the orange juice mixture. Toss to coat.
- Stir in the hazelnuts.