Recipe by sugarpea
Sweet potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes very simply mashed together with buttermilk and garnished with crispy baked sweet potato chips. Makes a wonderful and savory presentation at winter and fall gatherings. The potatoes could also be baked, the shells refilled with the puree, and garnished. From Rozanne Gold, a favorite cookbook author.
- 907.18 g large sweet potatoes or 907.18 g yams, peeled
- 680.38 g yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 158.51 ml buttermilk, at room temperature
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sweet Potato Chips: Preheat oven to 225°; use 1/2 pound of the sweet potatoes and slice into paper-thin rounds; place on baking sheet and bake 50 minutes; turn twice and don't allow them to brown; when crisp, remove and sprinkle with salt; set aside.
- Puree: Cut remaining sweet potatoes and potatoes into large chunks and boil until very soft, about 30 minutes; drain.
- Mash, add buttermilk and mix until creamy and smooth; season with salt and pepper; scrape into serving bowl and partially insert chips into the puree in a decorative fashion.