Recipe by Lizzymommy
These aren't "puffs" so much as "patties". They will kind of spread out in the oven into pancake shapes. They are still delicious and I would even say it would be a cool idea to pan-fry them if you feel you have the time. I think if you wanted them to be more like "puffs" you'd want to stir in some flour and baking powder to stiffen the dough up. If you experiment with this, let me know how they turn out.
- 4 tablespoons milk (or soymilk)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 large yams (about 5 - 6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whip the milk with cornstarch and set aside. Mix the mashed yams with the butter, fresh juice, fruit zest, ginger, salt, and milk/starch mixture.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet, and place the mixture on the sheet in 8 or 10 mounds (depending on the size you wish them to be).
- Sprinkle each mound with some of the seseame seeds, and then bake for about 30 minutes, until browned and hot.
- For Vegan use only the soy milk and a Vegan [no dairy] margarine.