Recipe by dicentra
This is from 1001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes. Try substituting sweet potatoes for the squash. I bet this would freeze well.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups winter squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked noodles or 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions, pepper and garlic in oil in a large saucepan until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add squash, potatoes, tomatoes, stock, orange juice and ginger.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream, parsley, and orange rind.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over hot noodles or rice.