Recipe by I'mPat
Out of Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living booklet. I think it would be very refreshing. Times are an estimate. It was suggested it be served with soy and sesame chicken legs.
Top Review by Mirj
Love it! I had to use frozen snow peas, but aside from that it was one of the freshest-tasting salads I've had in a long time. While I was squeezing the orange for the juice I also zested it and tossed the zest into the dressing as well. I also grated the ginger on my zester, the flavor was fabulous!
- 135 g Chinese cabbage
- 70 g snow pea sprouts
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 1 small red capsicum
- 4 spring onions (scallions)
- 60 ml orange juice (fresh 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred cabbage.
- Trim snow pea sprouts.
- Coarsely grate carrot.
- Finely slice celery on the diagonal.
- Slice spring onions (scallions) thinly on the diagonal.
- Put all the salad ingredients into a bowl and lightly toss together. Put on the dressing just before serving.
- For the dressing, crush garlic clove and finely grate ginger.
- Put all the ingredients into a screw top jar seal and shake.