Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Edible flowers make a beautiful & tasty side dish.
- 12 ounces daylily flower buds or 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- sea salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Place buds in steam basket over boiling water. Cover tightly and steam 3 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet. Add buds.
- Stir in ginger and cook, stirring, until buds are partially tender.
- Raise heat to high, add orange juice and cook, stirring, until reduced to glaze.
- Season with salt and pepper.