Recipe by danlynclark
A delicious carrot side dish. The fresh ginger and orange juice flavours are amazing together.
Top Review by Jamie Renee
Delicious carrotts! I was a bit confused when step number 5 said 10-15 minutes and in the serving box the cook time was 20 minutes. I just cooked them until they were as tender as I like, more like thirty minutes. I had to use dried ground ginger, but they had a great flavor and will definately use this recipe again.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Place carrots, orange juice, butter, sugar, and ginger in large skillet or saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until liquid glazes carrots, approx.
- 10-15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.