Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is made up on the fly based loosely on Miller's Brandied Cherries.
- 2 quarts pitted cherries
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 2 oranges, fruit sections of
- 6 tablespoons triple sec
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade, of preferred brand
- Combine all ingredients in non-reactive pot.
- Cook on moderate to low heat until cherries are tender.
- Remove from heat, cool, and store in refrigeration, tightly covered.