Recipe by chia
from bon appetit this salad is a light refreshing first course for any meal
Top Review by GinnyP
chia, this is really good and quick to throw together. I'm always looking for new ideas for salads. This one is going to be in my regular rotation. A note about the orange segments: I used seedless oranges. After zesting, I sliced the top an bottom off each orange. Sitting it flat, I removed the orange peel with the knife all around from top to bottom. Then I used the knife to separate each segment from the membrane. Thought I'd share that for anyone who doesn't know. After I learned how to do that with citrus, I now put it in many salads. : )
- 2 naval oranges
- 1 head endive, cut in long strips
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- zest the oranges to get 2 tsp, then peel the oranges and segment them over a bowl, add to the bowl slice the endive the long way in strips, add to the bowl.
- add mixed greens.
- whisk orange juice,zest, vinegar and olive oil together in a small bowl.
- season with salt& pepper to taste.
- drizzle over salad, toss.