Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh my....is this orange/honey dish a real treat! The cranberries in this salad make this dish very festive looking for the holiday season, and talk about simple to make...you can prepare the cranberry/honey sauce days ahead if desired.
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 8 seedless navel oranges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, stir together cranberry cocktail, cranberries, water, honey, orange rind, cloves and ginger; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low; simmer until syrupy, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- At this point, you can make the above mixture ahead, and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Meanwhile, peel oranges, pare off all white pith and membranes.
- Using a small serrated knife, cut into 1-inch rounds.
- Arrange on a platter.
- To serve, spoon cranberry mixture over oranges.
- Garnish with mint if desired.