Recipe by Yia Yia
This is so refreshing and light, yet has a creamy topping that's just right. From Cooking Light. Cooking time is freezing time. Easy, easy!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (about 7 oranges, it was 6 for me)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into an 11 x 7" baking dish.
- Cover and freeze 45 minutes. Stir with a fork every 45 minutes until completely frozen and slushy (about 3 hrs.).
- Combine milk, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and freeze 45 minutes, stirring every 45 minutes with a fork until completely frozen and slushy (about 2 hrs.).
- To serve, remove orange mixture and milk mixture from freezer; stir each with a fork until fluffy.
- Spoon orange ice into 6 small dishes; top with cream ice.