Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Low-fat and ohhh so good, served warm with frozen yogurt.
- 1 lb fresh rhubarb, stalks cut into 1-inch lengths or 1 lb frozen rhubarb, pieces
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves (optional)
- 3⁄4-1 1⁄4 cup sugar
- In a large no-stick saucepan, combine the rhubarb, orange juice, lemon juice(if using), orange rind, cinnamon, cloves(if using), and 3/4 cup of sugar. Stir to combine, and bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer, stirring occsionally, for 25-30 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender.
- Taste for sweetness, and add up to 1/2 cup of sugar, if needed.
- Cook over low heat, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves.
- Serve warm or cold.
Yum. This was full of orange flavor! I did not use the lemon juice and only 2/3 cup of sugar was added in making this. I liked this much better after it was cooled, as the orange flavor really stood out. We are going to try this on ice cream tonight. Made for *Please Review My Recipe Tag Game 2010*