Recipe by Charlotte J
This recipe is from the "Muffin Lady" at church.
Top Review by VjyaGiri
Scrumptious! Thank you for sharing this recipe. I reduce sugar and simply added 2 tbs of orange rind, taking advice from previous viewer, the end product aroma was simply mind blowing! I will definitely make this again and again! Love it!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325° and butter 2 baking sheets.
- Beat sugar and butter. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well.
- Add orange peel and vanilla; beat.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Divide dough into 2 parts.
- Form into logs and flatten to 1 1/2-inch thick with lightly-floured hands on baking sheets.
- Bake until firm, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
- Using serrated knife, cut into 1/2-inch slices. Return to the oven and bake on both sides until golden (about another 8 minutes per side). Cool.