Recipe by Chef Dee
This square has great eye appeal, and looks great on your Christmas trays. A mellow orange flavor that is not overpowering, complimented with random mini chocolate chips. It is adapted from the Company's Coming Series.
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 5 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated orange rind
- orange food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cream cheese and margarine, then beat in the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and orange extract, beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flour, salt and orange rind together, then beat on med. low into the cream cheese mixture until mixed.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Bake in a greased 11x16 pan for 20 - 25 minutes until firm. Do not overbake.
- I use a cookie sheet with raised sides.
- FROSTING: Beat the softened cream cheese and margarine.
- Beat in the orange juice concentrate, add the icing sugar, then beat until smooth, mixture should be firm, but soft enough to spread.
- Frost the cooled squares, then sprinkle with orange rind.
- Slice the square 6 down and 10 across.