Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is not your average enchilada sauce! Low-fat, too.
- 2 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons new mexico chile powder (mild)
- 1 tablespoon green chili salsa
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- In a saucepan, combine chicken stock, chile powder, green salsa, and cilantro. Bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, orange juice, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until smooth and stir into simmering sauce.
- Continue to simmer until sauce starts to thicken. remove from heat, cool, and refrigerate.
- Serve over chicken enchiladas.