Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Found this online and they looked absolutely de-VINE! Made them and loved them, so I had to post them for everyone else to enjoy as well!
Top Review by Acerast
This is delicious! My children ate second helpings (and so did I). We tried a new apple - Honey Crisp - that we found at our local orchard. Yum! I did make a major goof when I made it these. I only used one can of breadstick dough because the knots from one can fit into the 9x13 without being snug. After baking and eating it, I realized that you did mean for all 24 knots to be in one pan - all snugged together. The kids liked it so much that they asked me to make this again! Thanks Redneck Epicurean!
- 4 granny smith apples
- 2 (11 ounce) cans refrigerated breadstick dough, dough
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the apples into 1/4 inch slices.
- Unroll the dough and snip in half (making 24 sticks). Place 3-4 slices of apple in the middle of each dough stick. Tie in a knot.
- Arrange all the knots in a 9x13 pan. Pour the orange juice in the bottom of the pan, but not over the knots.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, sugar, and orange zest and sprinkle over the knots.
- Bake 25-30 minute or until the knots are golden brown. Serve warm with maple syrup.