Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Baci di Dama Courtesy of http://www.cookiesfromitaly.com/
- 4 ounces candied orange peel
- 4 ounces ground almonds
- 4 ounces superfine sugar
- 4 ounces flour
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Line several baking trays with parchment paper.
- Chop the orange peel very finely and put in a bowl. Add the almonds and sugar and sift in the flour, reserving 1 tbs (15 ml). Mix well together, then add enough milk to form a smooth, firm dough.
- Roll the mixture into 24 small balls and place, well apart, on the baking trays.
- Sprinkle with the remaining flour.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and use a little to sandwich the cookies together in pairs.
- That's it!