Recipe by WhiteSnake
This is a great dish for anyone watching their weight. I've been making this for years.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
This VERY TASTY dish only made two servings for this gluttonous shrimp loving person! :) I did not have shallots, and used green onions instead; I added two minced garlic cloves, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. After sauteing the shrimp, I added a sliced navel orange, and thickened the sauce with a bit of cornstarch dissolved in a tad of cold water. I liked the crunch of the almonds, and because the sauce is sweet from the marmalade, I really liked the fresh burst of tartness from the navel orange segments ~ next time I may add two sliced navel oranges! I served this over rice, with broccoli spears on the side. Made for my adopted baby, Spring PAC 2012!
- 28.39 ml almonds, sliced
- 14.79 ml peanut oil or 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, cleaned & deveined
- 118.29 ml shallot, chopped
- 78.07 ml orange marmalade
- 59.16 ml soy sauce
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast almonds in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Warm oil in the same skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shallots to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in marmalade, soy sauce and pepper.
- Place raw shrimp in pan. reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until the shrimp have turned pink.
- Top with almonds and orange slices, if using.
- Serve over rice or your choice of noodles.