Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
A light orange taste. These can be prepared in no time for dinner. The marinade time is only 1 hour. Another recipe for the George Foreman grill from Favorite Brand Name Recipes.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds
- 3 cups cooked rice (I prefer brown rice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- Mix the orange juice, soy sauce and garlic together.
- Add scallops; toss to coat.
- Put in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the George Foreman grill for 5 minutes.
- Drain scallops, discarding the marinade.
- Spray both sides of the grill with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place scallops and peppers on grill.
- Grill 3 minutes or until scallops or opaque; remove scallops and continue grilling peppers about 1 minute longer.
- Mix the almonds and cooked rice together.
- Serve the scallops and peppers on rice garnished with orange peel.
Made this recipe last night for the Bargain Basement tag game...I used low-sodium soy and added a little minced garlic. Tossed the peppers in about 1/2-1 teaspoon of oil and sprinkled Asian seasoning on them and put them on the Foreman grill for about 3-4 minutes then added the scallops. I used the toasted almonds in the rice and my DH LOVED this meal! So simple and easy. Thank you PaulaG for such a simple and delicious recipe!!! I will be making this often.
Very easy to prepare. I don't have a grill so I just tossed the scallops and peppers in a non-stick frying pan. I was a little disappointed as there was no discernable taste of orange in the scallops - I think I might cut the amount of soy sauce in half next time as it was quite salty. The toasted almonds and the peppers were a nice crunchy contrast to the tender scallops.