Recipe by Kaykwilts
My friend Stephanie brough this to a church potluck and I had to get the recipe since it was so good!
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) package slivered almonds, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill mandarin oranges.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces, and place in a salad bowl.
- Add oranges, onions, and almonds.
- Combine sugar, mustard, salt, and vinegar in blender.
- With blender on, slowly add oil.
- Add poppy seeds.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly.
- This makes enough dressing for several salads.