Recipe by Courtly
"Tuck these sparkling cookies into colorful cupcake liners and place in a fancy candy box for the perfect hostess gift." From a brand name baking magazine.
Top Review by HulaHealthPrincess
Wow. These taste amazing! I had to make them for a class and they were gone so fast! Everyone raved about them. One note, I flattened the cookies with the bottom of a glass. For the glaze I used orange juice instead of water. Also I added orange food coloring and swirled it in the glaze to give it a cool effect then dipped the tops of the cookies in, so the glaze was swirly on the cookies. Very cool.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 -5 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400. In medium bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 1/2 t. orange peel and 1 t. almond extract with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in flour, salt and almonds until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 1 inch apart. Bake 7-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir all glaze ingredients, adding enough water to make a pouring consistency. In another small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Dip tops of cookies in glaze, then sprinkle with topping. Place cookies in miniature paper baking cups if desired.