Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake has no frosting, but that's how we like our cakes! The nut topping is pretty and tastes great. You can serve this as a coffeecake. My husband eats it for breakfast once in a while, with a cup of tea. This cake is so easy to make and has a good flavor.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix, I use Pillsbury 18 . 25 oz box
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated fresh
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Mix first 5 ingredients with mixer for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan. I use a 10 inch diameter silicone cake pan and make it in one layer.
- Sprinkle top of batter with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees until done, about 40 minutes.
Delicious!! Loved the orange flavor from the juice, zest and the crunch the almonds added. Such an easy cake to make. Made for ZWT8
The flavor here is fantastic. The orange is amazingly bright with fresh squeezed juice and you want to savor each bite, no scarffing here. I replaced the sugar with Splenda. Made for ZWT 8 Spain.