Recipe by Mom2Rose
Bake golden orange-almond twists easily when you get a jump start with refrigerated sweet rolls.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I don't usually do up something for a sweet breakfast, but once-in-a-while I do & have a wonderful treat, as with this recipe! So nice with the taste of orange & almond! This is a recipe I want to keep around! Many thanks! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup yoplait original 99% fat free orange flavored yogurt (from 6-oz container)
- 1 (14 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated orange sweet roll dough (8 rolls)
Sauce (use icing from can of sweet roll)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, beat egg with fork or wire whisk; stir in yogurt until smooth.
- Unroll dough on cutting board.
- Set icing aside.
- Cut each strip in half crosswise.
- Dip each strip completely in egg mixture, then twist 2 or 3 times; place in baking dish.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat icing, butter, orange juice, almond extract and marmalade to boiling over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and shiny.
- Remove from heat; stir in almonds.
- Loosen rolls from baking dish with spatula.
- Drizzle with sauce; serve immediately.