1/2 Photos of Oprah's Roasted Butternut Squash With Sage
What's Cooking?'s Note:
A simple combination of sweet and savory fall flavors, adapted from a recipe in the September 2002 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine. The squash carmelizes in a really wonderful way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Peel squash, cut off stem and 1/2 inch of bottom end. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and pulp. Place flat side down on a cutting board and slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3Mix sage, olive oil, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a bowl and toss squash pieces in the mixture until they are evenly coated.
- 4Place squash pieces in a single layer on a large baking pan or dish. Roast squash for 35-40 minutes or until tender and caramelized, flipping pieces half way through cooking.
- 5Serve hot, garnished with a sprig of fresh or fried sage.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oprah's Roasted Butternut Squash With Sage
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g