Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Oprah's original recipe for the pomegranate martini. It is delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces absolute citrus-infused vodka
- 1 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 1 cup ice
- sparkling water, splash (optional)
- lemon, a squeeze (optional)
- Shake ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses. Put pomegranate fruit into glass as garnish.
I used POM and Grand Marnier but left out the water and lemon.
Delicious!!! I made a big batch for a recent party and they were gone way too soon. I quadrupled the recipe and used triple sec in lieu of cointreau. I also added extra vodka and squeezed two lemons in the pitcher. If you want to impress, place pomegranate seeds in an ice cube tray and fill with water. You're guests will appreciate a cube to keep their drink chilled.
These are awesome...just the right blend of sweet and tart w/out being too much of either. On her show, Oprah suggested squeezing fresh lime juice in bottom of chilled glass before pouring the drink in.