1/4 Photos of Oprah's Favorite Turkey Burger from Donald Trump's Mar-A-Lago
2 hrs 20 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
featured on the Oprah show twice - this IS very, very good and special
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced scallion
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 28.39 ml canola oil
- 1814.36 g ground turkey breast
- 9.85 ml TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of, after zest is grated
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml major grey's chutney, pureed
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml black pepper
- 1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 354.88 ml major grey's chutney
- 59.14 ml dried currants or 59.14 ml raisins
- 1Saute the scallions, celery and green apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.
- 2Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sauteed items and the pepper sauce, lemon juice and zest, parsley, chutney.
- 3Shape into 8-8 oz burger patties, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 4Season the turkey burgers with the salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill and grill for 7 minutes each side or until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- 5To make the side of pear chutney, toss peeled and diced pear with cinnamon and sea salt.
- 6Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- 7Add pear to chutney and currants/raisins.
- 8Serve alongside turkey burgers.
- 9Note: this can also be made into meatballs. To make cocktail meatballs, brush or dip into pear chutney and broil quickly to glaze.
- 10Serves 6.
- 11Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oprah's Favorite Turkey Burger from Donald Trump's Mar-A-Lago
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 187.6 mg
- Sodium 2687.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 75.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: