featured on the Oprah show twice - this IS very, very good and special
Make and share this Oprah's Favorite Turkey Burger from Donald Trump's Mar-A-Lago recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced scallion
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 28.39 ml canola oil
- 1814.36 g ground turkey breast
- 9.85 ml TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of, after zest is grated
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml major grey's chutney, pureed
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml black pepper
- 1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 354.88 ml major grey's chutney
- 59.14 ml dried currants or 59.14 ml raisins
- Saute the scallions, celery and green apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sauteed items and the pepper sauce, lemon juice and zest, parsley, chutney.
- Shape into 8-8 oz burger patties, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Season the turkey burgers with the salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill and grill for 7 minutes each side or until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- To make the side of pear chutney, toss peeled and diced pear with cinnamon and sea salt.
- Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Add pear to chutney and currants/raisins.
- Serve alongside turkey burgers.
- Note: this can also be made into meatballs. To make cocktail meatballs, brush or dip into pear chutney and broil quickly to glaze.
- Serves 6.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.