Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
featured on the Oprah show twice - this IS very, very good and special
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of, after zest is grated
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup major grey's chutney, pureed
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups major grey's chutney
- 1⁄4 cup dried currants or 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Saute the scallions, celery and green apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sauteed items and the pepper sauce, lemon juice and zest, parsley, chutney.
- Shape into 8-8 oz burger patties, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Season the turkey burgers with the salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill and grill for 7 minutes each side or until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- To make the side of pear chutney, toss peeled and diced pear with cinnamon and sea salt.
- Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Add pear to chutney and currants/raisins.
- Serve alongside turkey burgers.
- Note: this can also be made into meatballs. To make cocktail meatballs, brush or dip into pear chutney and broil quickly to glaze.
- Serves 6.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
This is a great burger. Really moist. Make sure you cut the celery really thin. The burgers are great on there own.
We have made these several times. They are delicious. The only thing we do differently is leave off the chutney (don't usually have on hand) added garlic (LOVE GARLIC) and only made 4 oz burgers (couldn't even begin to eat 8oz) These are a delicious alternative to beef (which we RARELY eat). Thanks for posting.... now I don't need to do a google search everytime I want to make these. Thanks again!
First I have to apologize I posted this recipe - I did not find yours- The filter didn't work - I will ask to have mine removed. Loved the recipe. One of the best turkey burgers that I have had. I used my mini shopper for the apples & Celery & I used Shallots instead of scallions. For the hot sauce I used Mama Zulu's Hot African sauce. MMmm is all I can say.