Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Oprah's Favorite Turkey Burger recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml scallion, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 28.39 ml canola oil
- 1814.36 g ground turkey breast
- 29.58 ml salt
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml Major Grey chutney, pureed
- Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.
This was the most awesome recipe. The apples and veggies made the burgers moist enough to cook on our charcoal grill and still be juicy. The chutney gave them a hint of sweetness that we loved. For a special treat, I served them on Hawaiian buns with honey mustard dressing. They were a big hit with teens.
A friend has made this recipe for me several times and I don't understand what all the excitement is about. Lots of interesting ingredients but they don't do anything special together.
My husband loved it! I seasoned the grated apples with onion and left the scallions out; I also left out celery and added celery salt. I also nixed the chutney because I don't know what that is. The kids sense something was "Different", but they ate it up when they tasted it! Success!