Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄8 cup canola oil
- 4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Major Grey chutney, pureed
- Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Love this recipe. Only gave 3 stars because it calls for WAY too much salt. As an avid turkey lover, it's basically the only meat I will buy, salt is necessary... But when we sat down to eat dinner after I had slaved in the kitchen we couldn't hardly eat them as they were too salty. I'd seriously only recommend 1/2 tablespoon instead of 2. Maybe it was a typo? I don't know but, I hope others see this before they ruin their delicious turkey burgers!
This was the most awesome recipe. The apples and veggies made the burgers moist enough to cook on our charcoal grill and still be juicy. The chutney gave them a hint of sweetness that we loved. For a special treat, I served them on Hawaiian buns with honey mustard dressing. They were a big hit with teens.
A friend has made this recipe for me several times and I don't understand what all the excitement is about. Lots of interesting ingredients but they don't do anything special together.