Recipe by Loves2Teach
Mashed potatoes are Oprah's weakness-but made low-fat, without the butter, this dish is a healthy alternative. Yukon Gold potatoes add smooth buttery texture and horseradish a great zesty flavor with fewer calories.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 lb red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, defatted (To Defat Broth, Freeze broth for 30 mins until fat solidifies.)
- 2 tablespoons Butter Buds
- 1 tablespoon prepared white horseradish
- 1 tablespoon spike seasoning (salt substitute)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into 1 ½-inch piece.
- Place potatoes and water to cover in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender about 20 minutes.
- Drain and return potatoes to saucepan.
- Combine evaporated milk and broth in microwave-proof bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add to potatoes and mash until creamy but slightly lumpy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.