Recipe by WildlifeDi
I found this in a magazine a while back and have been using it since! Very good . Oprah's Classic Potatoes
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
Made this for Thanksgiving. My guests all *loved* it. I was reaching for my water glass a couple of times, because the horseradish was a little strong. So if you are sensitive, add a little at a time til you hit your "taste" just to be sure.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 lbs idaho potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy pureed horseradish
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh black pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes well, leaving the skins on.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Place in a kettle and fill with enough water to cover potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain well and add butter while potatoes are hot. Begin to hand mash.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mash well leaving them just slightly lumpy.
- Makes about 10-12 cups or 6 to 8 servings.