Recipe by Sobiedaddies
I created this recipe over time in homage to the original from Opie's BBQ in Spicewood, TX. Some things to note: Ore-Ida tater tots have lots of salt and seasoning; typically off-brand do not. I would probably add over a tsp for off-brand tots.
Top Review by TreeSquirrel
Simple to throw together! Here's my personalized take on the recipe. I added sliced sauted mushrooms, chopped and sauted red peppers, and diced caramelized onions. For the soup I used cream of mushroom and added some seasoning salt for flavor and spice. This casserole is easy to adjust to suit your own tastes. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (2 lb) bagore-ida frozen tater tots
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) low-fat sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) package low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) container French-fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything but the Colby cheese and french's onions in a large bowl (make sure tots are still frozen so they don't break apart).
- Scoop mixture into one 9x13 pan.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Top with Colby cheese and then French's onions and bake for another 5-10 minutes until onions are golden brown.