1/1 Photo of Opie's Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I created this recipe over time in homage to the original from Opie's BBQ in Spicewood, TX. Some things to note: Ore-Ida tater tots have lots of salt and seasoning; typically off-brand do not. I would probably add over a tsp for off-brand tots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix everything but the Colby cheese and french's onions in a large bowl (make sure tots are still frozen so they don't break apart).
- 2Scoop mixture into one 9x13 pan.
- 3Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.
- 4Top with Colby cheese and then French's onions and bake for another 5-10 minutes until onions are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Opie's Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 428.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup