Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Xreamy white with bits of cherry very old fudge recipe from Darlene Kossman.
Make and share this Opera Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- Butter sides of a heavy 2 quart saucepan.
- In it combine sugar milk cream corn syrup and salt.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to boiling.
- Cook to soft ball stage (236°F).
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Cook to lukewarm (110°F) without stirring.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Beat vigorously until mixture becomes very thick and starts to lose its gloss.
- Quickly stir in cherries and pour into buttered shallow pan. Mark while warm; cut when firm.