Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Xreamy white with bits of cherry very old fudge recipe from Darlene Kossman.
Make and share this Opera Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- Butter sides of a heavy 2 quart saucepan.
- In it combine sugar milk cream corn syrup and salt.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to boiling.
- Cook to soft ball stage (236°F).
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Cook to lukewarm (110°F) without stirring.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Beat vigorously until mixture becomes very thick and starts to lose its gloss.
- Quickly stir in cherries and pour into buttered shallow pan. Mark while warm; cut when firm.