Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract, pure
- Combine sugar, milk, light corn syrup, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes;
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter; cool to room temperature without stirring.
- Add almond extract and beat until thickened and fudge begins to lose its gloss.
- Pour into a buttered 8-inch pan.
- Cool before cutting into squares.