Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from an issue of "Family Circle Holiday Cakes & Cookies."
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sweet unsalted butter (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract (NOT maple syrup!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix together sugar,cream,corn syrup,butter and salt in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar has dissolved.
- Cook about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until a candy thermometer reaches 238 F (soft-ball stage).
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and maple extract.
- Pour into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Stir in pecans.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased waxed paper and let cool until hardened.
- Store in an airtight contained between sheets of waxed paper.
- NOTE: You may use either light or dark corn syrup- the difference will be a slight change in color.
Oh my! My DH was in Heaven! He doesn't eat chocolate and practically ate all of this himself in a few days! I will definitely be making at holidays and parties!
Good recipe but mine didn't set up and so I wasn't able to make cute little tsp. out of them. I did pour it into an 8x8 pan and let it harden. But the taste is great with the maple added.