Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The aroma of warm cinnamon rolls is always enticing, this simple sandwich fills the bill. Kids will love it.
- 2 whole grain English muffins, split horiziontelly
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat the broiler or use toaster oven: Place the english muffins on a baking sheet or in toaster oven; broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source for about 2 minutes tper side, or until they are lightly toasted, or toast in toaster.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl; spread half of the butter mixture on the cut side of each of 2 muffin halves; sprinkle each with half of the almonds.
- Broil for about 2 minutes, or until the spread is bubbly and the almonds are lightly browned, Serve Hot& Enjoy.
OK, this helped cheer up my daughter who is cranky (even though she's 15 and too old to be cranky). I made this for her while she was watching TV and she is now a happy camper! We love cinnamon and this was very good. We didn't use almonds as they are not a favorite in our house. I have no doubt that we will be making this often. Thanks for making this a happier house this evening.
This was simple and yummy. I made one little change, because I had almond butter in the house and not sliced almonds. I just mixed 2 tablespoons of almond butter with the other ingredients. It was very good.