I came up with this recipe after reading about some different brines and basting liquids for turkey breast. The brine in this recipe makes the chicken super tender and the sesame oil mixture gives the meat and vegetables an absolutely mouthwatering flavor! It's amazing the flavor that the chicken, potatoes, onions and broccoli are able to absorb. The star of this dish may be the broccoli, though, which roasts just beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Dissolve brown sugar and salt into the water by heating. Cool water down to room temperature and add chicken, let brine for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- 3Whisk together sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, lime juice and garlic.
- 4Remove chicken from the brine and shake off excess moisture. Dip chicken breasts into the sesame oil mixture and set aside.
- 5Add potatoes, broccoli and onion to the sesame mixture and coat thoroughly. Pour all into a casserole dish and top with chicken. Pour any extra sesame mixture over the top of the chicken.
- 6Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes.
- 7Remove foil, baste if desired. There will be excess moisture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- 8Lower heat to 350 degrees and bake 10-15 minutes more, or until the skin of the chicken is crispy.
- 9Plate the meat and veggies and pour juices from the bottom of the casserole dish on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open Sesame Roast Chicken and Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (1323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1293.5
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 32471.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 186.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 79.8 g
- Protein 51.7 g