Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and delicious open sandwich with lots of flavor and just a touch of mayo over the tomato.
- 2 slices toast, preferably home made bread
- 1 (100 g) can sardines, in spring water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar, white
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Drain the sardines and mash well in a bowl, add the vinegar and pepper and mix well.
- Divide into half and add to each piece of the toast, cover the top with sliced tomatoes and add some mayonnaise over the tomatoes.
Love sardines on toast and loved even more with the addition of the tomatoes - I just thought the flavours of the salty sardines with some pepper and then topped with some sweet vine ripened tomatoes with an added touch of salt and served on crunchy wholemeal/wholegrain toasted bread was absolute bliss and a great way to start the day though I did forget the mayonnaise, thank you JoyfulCook, made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #84, January 2014.