Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A great breakfast treat, simple to make and with a delicious flavour, a scattering of Provence herbs on top gives it that special touch.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 slice ham or 1 slice bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 teaspoon chives, fresh, chopped
- 1 potato, cooked (pre cooked)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence
- heat oil in a small frying pan, add the beaten egg adding the other ingredients , sprinkle with the herbs and cook for 3-4 minutes, over a medium flame.
- serve with toast.
Delicious way to use good things from the garden - tomato and fresh herbs - I used some thyme, oregano, a little sage and rosemary - lovely thick bacon and yukon gold potato. Very satisfying and flavorful.
Delcious, delicious, delicious, made exactly as written. I substituted green onions for the chives. What a lovely breakfast, I went with the bacon version and used a nice apple smoked bacon, it worked beautifully in this treat. Really enjoyed the herbes de provence in this dish. Thanks for sharing JoyfulCook.
A thoroughly enjoyable and filling breakfast, so much so I didn't worry about having toast but then the potato (I used Carisma which is a low GI potato and gave me my carbs). I used fresh herbs from the garden - basil and oregano and finely chopped and mixed with the egg and cooked as per directions. Thank you JoyfulCook, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.