Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is a moist layer cake that I made for my fathers birthday! He absolutely loved it, and so did everone else. The recipe calls for chocolate pudding mix, but you can substitue it for your favorite flavor (I used butterscotch). I got this recipe from a Duncan Hines cookbook.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageduncan hines deluxe fudge marble cake mix
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (I don't know if the ounces are correct. It should be 4 serving sizes.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 8 x 1 1/2 inch or 9 x 1 1/2 inch round layer pans.
- Prepare cake as directed on box.
- Turn half batter (about 2 1/2 cups) into one pan.
- Blend contents of small package into remaining batter and turn into the other pan.
- Bake and cool as directed on the package.
- Chill cooled layers for ease in splitting.
- Split each cake layer into 2 thin layers.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Blend in milk and pudding mix.
- Let stand for 1 minute to thicken.
- Alternate layers of light and dark cake; spread whipped cream mixture between layers and on top of cake.
- Store cake in the fridge until ready to serve.