Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on a food blog about healthy recipes that are ready in under 12 minutes. I took about 10 minutes to get everything mashed and spread on the bread. The beans are a great source of protein to keep you fuller longer. The recipe suggested using "white beans" and the only kind I can find at my local store are cannellini beans.
- 1⁄4 cup cannellini beans, rinsed (or use more to taste. sometimes I use 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 slice whole-grain bread
- 1 slice red onion
- 5 slices cucumbers
- 3 slices avocados
- Mash white beans (cannellini beans) with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toast 1 slice of whole-grain bread and spread with the bean mixture.
- Top with red onion, cucumber slices, and avocado.