Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Again this can be used as a complete meal. Add a glass of chablis to complete a simple evening dinner for 2. I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it is 2 recipes from two separate places - I tend to create my meals this way. It's much easier to put foods together.
- 2 slices wheat toast
- 6 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- Pre-heat Broiler.
- Pull out any bad leaves from the radicchio, then cut it into quarters lenghthwise.
- In a small bowl: add orange juice, olive oil and orange zest, stir well.
- Brush the radicchio with the oil mixture, season with salt and pepper.
- place radicchio wedges on a broiler rack and broil 8 minutes rotating often.
- Meanwhile, assemble the sandwiches: place the turkey on the toasts, top with Provolone, and broil until cheese is bubbly.
- Transfer radicchio and open faced sandwiches to dinner plates, and drizzle with the remaining dressing, serve with oranged.