I came up with this after Thanksgiving trying to use what I had on hand. Very simple recipe, gets those leftovers used, and can be easily modified to accommodate what you have on hand. Prep time includes preparing potatoes and dicing/shredding turkey.
- 4 small potatoes, boiled, peeled, and diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans turkey gravy
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
- 3 cups cooked turkey, leftovers (diced or shredded)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl add potatoes, turkey gravy, mixed vegetables, diced turkey, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- In deep dish pie plate arrange the refrigerated pie crust. I find the crust works better when left in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- Add filling to crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes longer. Filling should be bubbly.
- Serve immediately. Do not expect perfect slices, the filling will not allow it.
- a) Heavy cream can be added to filling for a creamier gravy.
- b) Chicken can be substituted for turkey.
- c) Country gravy can be used instead of turkey gravy.
- d) A 2nd pie crust can be placed over the top for a more traditional pot pie look.