1/1 Photo of Open-Faced Turkey Pot Pie
I came up with this after Thanksgiving trying to use what I had on hand. Very simple recipe, gets those leftovers used, and can be easily modified to accommodate what you have on hand. Prep time includes preparing potatoes and dicing/shredding turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small potatoes, boiled, peeled, and diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans turkey gravy
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
- 3 cups cooked turkey, leftovers (diced or shredded)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl add potatoes, turkey gravy, mixed vegetables, diced turkey, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- 3In deep dish pie plate arrange the refrigerated pie crust. I find the crust works better when left in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- 4Add filling to crust.
- 5Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- 6Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes longer. Filling should be bubbly.
- 7Serve immediately. Do not expect perfect slices, the filling will not allow it.
- 9a) Heavy cream can be added to filling for a creamier gravy.
- 10b) Chicken can be substituted for turkey.
- 11c) Country gravy can be used instead of turkey gravy.
- 12d) A 2nd pie crust can be placed over the top for a more traditional pot pie look.
Browse Our Top Pot Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-Faced Turkey Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 774.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 30.7 g