Recipe by Ginny Sue
Original recipe from TOH Simple & Delicious magazine, although I modified the recipe a bit. This makes a very filling burger.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 3 slices Texas toast thick bread, frozen garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon A.1. Original Sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, thyme, and 2/3 cup cheese; mix well and form into 3 oval patties.
- Heat a large skillet and cook burgers over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast in the oven per package directions.
- When burgers are done, remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Drain skillet, then add tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worchestershire sauce and steak sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Return burgers to skillet and turn to coat with sauce.
- Spinkle on remaining cheese and serve burgers open-faced on Texas toast.