Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was surprised I hadn't shared this recipe yet. We have this several times a year. Though it calls for sliced cooked turkey I usually use deli turkey sliced for sandwiches. You can use packaged. turkey gravy mix prepared directly in the skillet. Easily doubles, we love poultry seasoning so I always add more than whats listed.
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced carrot
- 59.14 ml sliced celery
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 1.23 ml poultry seasoning
- 297.66 g can turkey gravy
- 226.79 g sliced cooked turkey
- 4 slice bread (toasted) or 4 slice split biscuits
- In a skillet melt the butter, add the vegetables with the poultry seasoning.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the gravy, heat to boiling.
- Add the turkey. Heat through.
- Arrange turkey and gravy on the toast.
I put a little margarine with water in a microwave save bowl, add the vegetables until almost tender, then transfer to skillet with seasoning, gravy and turkey.Good on toast and mashed potatoes!. A keeper!