Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The amounts listed are only a guideline you may adjust to taste, make certain that the cheese is always on the top, this is a great way to use up cooked roast beef or deli roast beef --- FOR PARTY APPETIZERS instead of using buns replace with small party size pumpernickle bread slices that have been toasted, follow as directed only using smaller amounts.
- 2 hoagie rolls, sliced and toasted
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise (use about 2 teaspoons per slice (or more)
- 4 -8 teaspoons coarse ground mustard (use about 1-2 teaspoons per slice or to taste)
- 1 lb thinly sliced cooked beef
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- thinly sliced red onion (use as much as desired)
- 4 -8 slices mozzarella cheese or 4 -8 slices provolone cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- Place the toasted bun halves on a baking sheet.
- Lightly spread with mayonnaise then mustard.
- Layer as follows starting with roast beef then sliced tomato, red onion, salt, pepper the sliced cheese on top.
- Broil 3-6 inches from the heat for about 2-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is lightly browned (keep an eye on it this will brown fast).