1/1 Photo of Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwich
The amounts listed are only a guideline you may adjust to taste, make certain that the cheese is always on the top, this is a great way to use up cooked roast beef or deli roast beef --- FOR PARTY APPETIZERS instead of using buns replace with small party size pumpernickle bread slices that have been toasted, follow as directed only using smaller amounts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 hoagie rolls, sliced and toasted
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise (use about 2 teaspoons per slice (or more)
- 4 -8 teaspoons coarse ground mustard (use about 1-2 teaspoons per slice or to taste)
- 1 lb thinly sliced cooked beef
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- thinly sliced red onion (use as much as desired)
- 4 -8 slices mozzarella cheese or 4 -8 slices provolone cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Set oven to broiler heat.
- 2Place the toasted bun halves on a baking sheet.
- 3Lightly spread with mayonnaise then mustard.
- 4Layer as follows starting with roast beef then sliced tomato, red onion, salt, pepper the sliced cheese on top.
- 5Broil 3-6 inches from the heat for about 2-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is lightly browned (keep an eye on it this will brown fast).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.5
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 535.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 40.9 g