Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love Reubens and this one is really good! To make a Rachel sandwich, substitute thinly sliced turkey for the corned beef.
For the Classic Russian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
For the Reuben
- 6 slices rye bread
- 1 lb corned beef, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sauerkraut, well drained
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- DRESSING: In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, onion and Worcestershire until well blended.
- SANDWICH: Spread dressing on one side of each bread slice.
- Cover with layers of corned beef; top each sandwich with about 1/4 cup sauerkraut and 1 slice of Swiss cheese.
- Arrange on foil-lined baking sheet and bake in 375 F oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese begins to melt and sandwich is warm.
- To lightly brown the cheese, place the sandwiches briefly under a preheated broiler, watching carefully to avoid burning cheese.
Quick, easy, good tasting recipe. Will probably have this again some time. Thanks, keen5.